YOU Can't Handle The Truth!
Okay, maybe you can handle the truth, but the title seems so much more interesting with a Jack Nicholson quote, don't you think? Anyhow, it's time for me to come clean with my slick-von-trickster antics from the truth/lies game in my previous post. Thanks to everyone who played along... now it's time to see if any of your guesses were right:
1) I'm allergic to chocolate, but love it so much that I'll deal with the hives in order to eat it.
FALSE! I'd definitely suffer from a permanent case of hives if I had a chocolate allergy!
2) I own a show dog who has won two state championships.
FALSE! My pups are beauteous in my eyes, but neither one is a show dog. I adopted one of my dogs right before she was scheduled to be put to sleep at the pound. My other dog is half blind and was rescued from a puppy mill situation.
3) I was spat on by a llama when I was five.
FALSE! I've never been spit on by a llama because I'm the llama whisperer... referenced in the photo below. My sister has been spit on by llamas countless times though...which makes this story all the more hilarious.
4) I had an eyebrow ring when I was 18, and now I have trouble plucking that eyebrow without sneezing.
TRUE! Believe it or not, in a fit of teenage rebellion, I shocked my parents to bits by getting an eyebrow ring on my 18th birthday. I kept the piercing for a year, but will forever have to deal with the havoc it caused on my eyebrow nerves. Plucking my right eyebrow usually leads to sneezing nowadays.
5) I graduated high school a year early...but then I took the five year plan to graduate college... so it evened out in the end.
FALSE! I graduated high school on time. And I took the four and a half year plan to graduate college... it was just too much fun not to stay an extra semester.
6) I've never flown on a plane and never plan to if I can avoid it.
FALSE! I've flown on many planes over my lifetime. My most recent plane ride was to Dallas, and the time before that I went to Costa Rica.
7) I lived in Chicago for a few years and had the pleasure of meeting Oprah.
FALSE! Although I did live in the Chicago area for a while, I never met Oprah.
Thanks again to everyone who played along. Congratulations to Tahereh for guessing correctly!
Also, I'd like to extend a huge thank you to Nicole over at One Significant Moment at a Time for giving me the prolific blogger award! Please go check out and follow her awesome blog!
Stay tuned for a future post to see which bloggers I pass these fab awards on to...